Roxar, part of the Emerson group of companies, produces software for the oil and gas exploration and production industry. Our software is used worldwide to calculate flows of fluid underground and along the wells, and to assess the uncertainty when developing an oil or gas field.
The growing use of Roxar’s Tempest MORE reservoir simulator means we are expanding the development team in Oxford. We are looking for a skilled scientific software engineer to research and develop numerical schemes to simulate underground fluid flow, build and test the code, and support end users in running the final commercial program.
The successful candidate will work as part of the development team on a range of projects. Possible projects might be to simulate advanced wells, improve the performance of the core solvers, or modelling more advanced physical processes such as carbon dioxide injection. In all cases an efficient, parallel implementation of the ensuing algorithms is critical to take advantage of parallel hardware and emerging computing architectures, as is the ability to write clear and maintainable code.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong physics, maths or engineering skills at PhD level, possibly with some post-doctoral experience
- Excellent programming skills in a high-level language such as C++
- Aptitude for software engineering as part of a development team
- Interest in helping real-world engineers
In addition, experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Modelling fluid flow in porous media
- Working on large or commercial numerical codes
- Parallel architectures and libraries (e.g. MPI, multi-threading, CUDA)
- Software development lifecycle and testing
For more information please contact Kari Hansen firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details on Roxar visit www.roxarsoftware.com
Closing date: 31st July 2017.