We are looking to recruit a graduate with a PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or another related subject involving numerical mathematics, machine learning, and programming, to undertake a 36-month Knowledge Transfer Project between the University of Manchester and the Manchester-based company Process Integration Limited (PIL).
The position offers
- an exciting project which combines innovative multidisciplinary research and new techniques from data science with an impactful industrial application
- an invaluable experience of independently managing a high-profile project
- access to a budget of £6,000 for professional development and training
- mentoring and support from academic staff and industry professionals
- a competitive salary of £31,604 to £38,833 per annum.
Based at PIL offices in Altrincham, Manchester, the Data Science Associate will work directly with supervisors from both the University and PIL, and will use the facilities and resources of both organisations.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
For enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews please contact Dr Stefan Güttel (firstname.lastname@example.org).